Welcome to the Gallatin Association of REALTORS® (GAR) and the Big Sky Country Multiple Listing Service (BSCMLS). To become a member of GAR and subscribe to the MLS, please follow the steps below. You are required to notify the GAR office within 10 days of joining a real estate firm. Please note that we require a minimum of 3 business days after receipt of all completed forms to process your paperwork and get you set up as a new member.
Step 1: Forms and Fees
2. Pay Big Sky Country MLS fees (prorated by the month you join,) and a $900 MLS Application Fee. We accept personal checks and credit cards (Visa, MC, or AMEX).
- Checks for Big Sky Country MLS need to be made to Big Sky Country MLS.
3. Pay GAR/MAR/NAR dues (prorated by the month you join,) and a $900 GAR Application Fee. We accept personal checks and credit cards (Visa, MC, or AMEX.)
- Checks for Gallatin Association of REALTORS need to be made to the Gallatin Association of REALTORS.
Step 2: Code of Ethics
1. After your GAR Dues and BSCMLS Fees are paid you will be emailed a link to take the online Code of Ethics course through the National Association of REALTORS®. You must email confirmation to GAR of completion within 30 days of joining.
- If you are a member of another local association, you will need to provide a Letter of Good Standing stating that you are current with your REALTOR® dues (local, state, and national) and your Code of Ethics.
Step 3: New Member Orientation
1. After you have paid your membership fees, you will receive an email from us with instructions on how to access the BSCMLS along with a Welcome email from Adobe Captivate Prime. This the system we use for all New Member Orientations. This is a mandatory online course and you have 60 days to complete it from the day you are enrolled.
2. Failure to take the online orientation class and pass with a score of 80% or better will result in suspension of all BSCMLS services, including access to the lockbox security system. If you miss the deadline and do not complete the orientation within a total of 90 days FROM when you are enrolled, your membership with both corporations will be terminated.
Membership as a REALTOR®/Appraiser requires you to also be a member of a state association and the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR).
If you are transferring offices there will be a $100 Transfer fee.
- If you reactivate within a 12-month period: $900 re-activation fee for the MLS will occur.
- If you reactivate after a 12-month period: $900 re-activation fee for the MLS, prorated dues, and a $900 re-activation fee for GAR.