The GAR Board of Directors has approved the following changes to the Continuing Education section of the GAR Policies and Procedures.
GAR members who register for and attend GAR hosted Continuing Education courses are responsible for reviewing and adhering to the updated Policies and Procedures as outlined below.
These policy changes will go into effect starting May 1, 2017.
90% Rule/Late Policy
- According to the Montana Board of Realty Regulation, course attendees cannot miss more than 6 minutes of any hour of the course and still receive credits. Therefore, those arriving more than 6 minutes late to the course or returning from break more than 6 minutes after class has resumed may still attend the course but will not receive credit. Courses will be monitored by instructors, and there will be absolutely no exceptions.
- Members and Non-Members who sign into a course and are unable to stay for the entire duration of the course per the 90% Rule/Late Policy are responsible for notifying the course instructor, a course monitor, or GAR staff to ensure that their name is crossed off of the attendee list.
- Members and Non-Members who attempt to purposely deceive by signing in to a course and failing to stay for the entire duration of the course per the 90% Rule/Late Policy will not receive credit for the course. They will also be suspended from registering for or attending any GAR sponsored education events for 30 days.
Registration for GAR CE Courses
- Members and Non-Members who register for a GAR CE course and fail to attend the course will be assessed a no show fee. The GAR Board of Directors will determine the amount of the no show fee annually. The no show fee must be paid before the attendee can register for or attend any further continuing education events hosted by GAR. *The current no show fee is $140.00
- Members and Non-Members who do not register for a course by 4pm MST the last business day before the course will not be allowed to attend the course.
- GAR is not responsible for failure of a course attendee's name to appear on the registration list the day of the course. To ensure proper and timely entrance into all GAR sponsored education events, GAR highly recommends course attendees bring a copy of their course registration confirmation with them to the course. If an attendee's name does not appear on the registration list and they do not have proof of course registration confirmation the day of the event, the attendee will not be permitted entrance into the course.
- Course registrations are non-transferable. No exceptions.
Waiting Lists for GAR CE Courses
- Members and Non-Members who register for a course that is full will be placed on a waiting list for the course. If somebody who is registered for the course cancels their registration by 4pm the last business day before the course, registrants will be moved off the waitlist in the order in which they were placed on the waitlist. GAR staff will contact anybody moved off the waitlist by 5pm the last business day before the event to let them know they are officially registered for the course. If a Member of Non-Member who is on the waitlist does not receive confirmation that they have been moved off the waitlist by 5pm the last business day before the event, they should assume they are not registered for the course and will not be granted entry into the course.
Cancellations for GAR CE Courses
- Cancellations are not permitted after 4 pm the last business day before the course. Any cancellation after 4pm the last business day before the course will result in the assessment of a no show fee to the attendee. The no show fee must be paid before the attendee can register for or attend any further continuing education events hosted by GAR.
In order to maintain fairness and to continue providing exceptional continuing education opportunities to our members, these policies will be strictly enforced by GAR and BSCMLS staff.
Please call the GAR office if you have any questions.